Perhaps I don’t understand, but what’s the point of “Pets” and “taming” in games like Shroud of the Avatar? I know that games like World of Warcraft have these and it seems to be quite a big deal. Do you ride them to cover more distance? Do they help you do battle? Are they just an amusement, something to play with inside of the game as a distraction?
SotA has made a big deal about this being one of their stretch goals, but it really doesn’t make any sense to me. How does this make the game more entertaining or enjoyable?
And while we’re on the subject, when did adding seasons become a stretch goal? Considering the technology and scope of this game, seasons would be a given. I don’t think we need to run around building snowmen or avoiding puddles, but weather has been in games for years. Unless there is something quite new and magical planned, I’m not sure why this was listed as a stretch goal.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Just a week left to pledge support for Shroud of the Avatar
- New Tiers, New Levels, Stretch Goals and Release 6 Re-Opens
- New Stretch Goals Revealed for Shroud of the Avatar
- A mere 48 hours left for the Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarter Project
- Dev Update – Achievements
- Watching Shroud of the Avatar take shape
- Telethon of the Avatar. Free Gifts. Final Day of 15%
- FireLotus Tavern 3PM CST 4/16/2013
- Shroud of the Avatar Dev Chat 6-14-2013
- Rehabilitating Thugs and Bandits through games of Skill and Chance