I thought was an interesting video where Richard Garriott relates how he approaches the Virtues from Ultima. It’s not simply a matter of right and wrong, but varying degrees of right and wrong, good and bad. In this little snippet, Richard relays a tale of Olive Oil trying to cross a river to see Popeye and how she deals with the obstacles that are put in her way. In this story everyone makes a mistake and there is bad judgment all around, but in overall scheme who is worse? Who is more villainous? Most will say Brutus is the devil in this tale and on the surface that seems so, but if you look at all the pieces and participants did Brutus really set the wheels in motion? Perhaps Popeye is the worst one?
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Freegameslist interviews: Richard Garriot
- Last decade’s nerd is today’s mainstream gamer
- Tracy & Laura Hickman’s Sojourner Tales Board Game – The Final 12 Hours
- Jumping Back to Ultima II – If only for a little while
- Tracy & Laura Hickman’s Sojourner Tales Board Game
- Ember by N-Fusion Interactive – A game inspired by Ultima