On his Facebook page, Tracy gives a bit of a teaser in regards to the story for Shroud of the Avatar:
Just finished two and a half hour session with Richard Garriott on the ‘Shroud of the Avatar’ game background. Wow!
But wait, there’s more! The Dev Hangout for 4/30 will feature Richard and Tracy talking about the story elements for the game. Will we get some of the backstory? Will we get some details about the evil that is threatening the land and a small teaser of what your quests might be? Is Tracy going to offer up who the main villain is or at least how you get to the “New Britannia”? I’m sure they’ll be tight lipped about the whole thing, but I’m just glad we’re focusing on something besides the crafting and housing elements. I’m a single-player Ultima kind of guy. I want to know the plot behind the return to the Old World. I’m very anxious to hear what they have to say.
Join Richard “Lord British” Garriott and renowned author and SotA Lead Story Designer Tracy Hickman on 4/30/13 at 3 pm CST as they discuss the story behind Shroud of the the Avatar.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Richard Garriott is back with Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
- MMORPG.Com talks with Starr Long about his return to Shroud of the Avatar
- Blade of the Avatar to be expanded to a printed Trilogy
- Dev Hangout – Chris Spears, Richard Garriott – PvP and PvE
- What Shroud of the Avatar game are you playing?
- Dev Hangout 5-23 at 3PM CST – Richard, Tracy and Chris discuss their progress so far
- Gaming Trend talks to Richard Garriott and Starr Long about Shroud of the Avatar
- A quick note from Dallas Snell – All tiers above the new Edelmann tier (Knights, Barons, etc.) will inherit the rewards from both the Edelmann tier and the Citizen tier
- Two schools of player, Ultima versus Ultima Online
- Dev Hangout 4/30 with Tracy Hickman and Richard Garriott. The world of New Britannia is revealed!