For this episode Stephen set to work on creating his gargoyle, winged bat creature. I’m not quite sure that it is, but that’s not really the point. If you check out the progression in the pictures below you see this image emerge as a black rather blob like create and morph into something well defined creature with large wings, large ears and even larger sword.
It’s really interesting to watch Stephen work in the “negative space” meaning he erases the solid black to create the effect he wants. Instead of drawing in white, he remove the black. It may seem the same thing, but it really seems different when you watch it.
Yet again, a very informative and very interesting time. I love how the images just come together almost out nowhere. Really fun to watch.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Pen of the Avatar with Stephen Daniele
- Pen of the Avatar with Stephen Daniele 6-18-2013
- Pen of the Avatar with Stephen Daniele – 6/25/13 3PM CDT
- Pen of the Avatar with Stephen Daniele–Female Ranged Fighter
- Pen of the Avatar Dev Hangout 5/21 at 3PM
- Art Time with Stephen Daniele
- Stephen Daniele – Pen of the Avatar – Darkstarr
- Pen of the Avatar with Stephen Daniele – Spiders
- Pen of the Avatar 2014-05-06 – Standing Stones Splash Art
- Pen of the Avatar with Isaac Oster 8/13/2013