MMORPG took some time to talk with Starr Long and his return to making games with Richard Garriott. Starr has made several games and was with Lord British back in the Origin days. For this interview Starr talks about the game, his role as all knowing overseer, what it likes to get input from the community and his vision for where the MMO is headed.
Because of the tight relationship between Richard and Starr, I really do expect these two will push each other to make the game the best it can be as well as having the strength to say something needs to be changed, cut or fixed.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Gaming Trend talks to Richard Garriott and Starr Long about Shroud of the Avatar
- Pen of the Avatar – DarkStarr Moon Dial in Tribute to Starr Long
- Starr Long joins Shroud of the Avatar and Live Demo of SotA on July 6th, 4:30PM CDT
- Wondering about the SotA story? Progress has been made! Dev Hangout for 4/30 will feature Tracy Hickman and Richard Garriott talking about the story
- Hangout of the Avatar ~ 8.5.13
- Developer Chats: Starr Long on Markee Dragon; Geoff Mellon & Lum on Dragonsmeet
- Truth, Love and Courage plus The State of the Realm – A Dev Hangout
- Shroud of the Avatar gets the Green Light
- Richard Garriott’s D&D #1 Contest!
- Exclusive Darkstarr Moondial–Concept and Completed Image