For this episode of Pen of the Avatar, Stephen continued his work on his Ranged Fighter. When we left off last time, Stephen has just completed work on the daggers that would be used for close combat fighting if need be. He also did some work on the boots and felt that her attire needed to be grounded in the elements of nature. The ranged fighter lives off the land and has respect for it, so her clothing should reflect that.
For this episode he took that idea and applied it to her knee guards. As you see from the reference picture, he was using leaves as inspiration. He also went on to add a little more character to the daggers, by changing the style, shape and hilt. We also see the quiver that holds the arrows. And finally, there is the attempt at the cloak she is wearing. The cloak needs to be functional, but can’t get in the way of her ranged attacks. Hmm, bit of a tall order for this type of character.
Again, an extremely fun time watching Stephen put this together and I think she’s looking very good. The level of detail just keeps growing and growing. I can’t wait to see the final product where all the elements are put together, colored and textures added. She will be awesome.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Pen of the Avatar with Stephen Daniele–Female Ranged Fighter
- Pen of the Avatar 6-11-2013 with Stephen Daniele
- Now is a good time to try archery and ranged attack
- Stephen Daniele – Pen of the Avatar – Darkstarr
- Pen of the Avatar Dev Hangout 5/21 at 3PM
- Pen of the Avatar with Stephen Daniele – Spiders
- Pen of the Avatar – 6/4/2013
- Founder Homes and the Female Avatar
- Pen of the Avatar with Stephen Daniele–7-2-2013
- Darkstarr Metronome–Taking Shape