This is the day we’ve been waiting for for the past several months. For some of us the wait has been more than a decade. My last trip to Britannia was in Ultima 6. For those keeping track, that was 1990. I haven’t played an Ultima since then.
But today will change all that.
Today is Release 1 of Shroud of the Avatar. A project I never would have dreamed possible. Yet here it is, the world is downloading to my machine as we speak.
It has been an amazing few months. We’ve watched the team build the World right in front of our eyes. From Sharpie sketch to final product. From conception to reality. Today, we get to enter the world of our own creation and walk around.
To say the least, I’m giddy with excitement.
Access to the new world won’t even last through the weekend so I have to make the most of my time. And let’s not forget, the first part of the New Britannia Lore has been given to us by Tracy Hickman. Indeed, Christmas has come a little early!
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 4 – March 27-30
- Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Six Month Progress Video
- Creation and Map Design with Chris Spears
- Lord British reaches his goals for Shroud of the Avatar
- One thing we need to keep in mind, Shroud of the Avatar is in Pre-Alpha
- It’s a Shroud of the Avatar Release 6 Kind of Weekend!
- Richard Garriott is back with Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
- New Stretch Goals Revealed for Shroud of the Avatar
- Dev Hangout 4/30 with Tracy Hickman and Richard Garriott. The world of New Britannia is revealed!
- The Round Table Unreliable Travel Guide R12 Edition