Well my friends it’s been one hell of a weekend. I played many hours of Shroud of the Avatar and it has been amazing. The game looks very impressive, lots of things have been fixed, and it’s just a lot of fun wander around and check out the sights and sounds of New Brittania. I’ve been to multiple places on the map, but unfortunately I couldn’t find anywhere to set up my house. I guess I’ll have to jump in early on the next release. I spent quite a bit of time trying out the crafting and despite what I said before I think I may be on board with the way it works. It may be a little involved, but there is a significant feeling of accomplishment when you get the final product created. I now have a full set of armor crafted by my very own hands and that is pretty cool.
I did battle with quite a few skeletons and some chest mimics and walked away with a bit of gold. I tried out the new skill tree which let me set fire to a few things. It took a few minutes to figure out how to actually use the skills but once I got the hang of it I caused quite a bit of damage. I wasn’t able to defeat the Lich King so I didn’t get the bone throne. I found the ugly bastard and we stood toe to toe but I didn’t do any damage. I think I hit a glitch in the game.
I had a lot of fun playing and think it’s all coming together very nicely. I have some screenshots of different things I saw while out adventuring around, including the shattered moon which looks really cool in the night sky. I met up with some other players and we spent a good while bashing skeletons. I’ve also come to the realization that “coal” may be the most important resource in the game. I went through dozens of pieces while making my armor. I basically went broke buying the stuff.
There’s a few hours left before they turn off the servers, but alas, I will have to call it a night. It’s been a pretty good run.
The shattered moon is always neat to see. Poor merchants got the raw end of the deal when it comes to their painting. I like the new campground, but that sneaky bear puts a bit of a damper on things. The housing decorations are pretty nice as well. And I’m not quite sure what’s going on at the Smithing table.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Sigil of Magic, Collector’s Coin, Crafting Stations
- Exclusive Darkstarr Moondial–Concept and Completed Image
- Crafting will make it’s way into SotA
- Testing out the Explosive Potion, the Haste Potion and Caltrops in Shroud of the Avatar Release 13
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 6 Open for E3 – 6/9-6/13
- Shroud of the avatar Release 4 Notes and Thoughts
- Veimor in West Ravenswood, a strange mist in Deep Ravenswood and the Bones of a Beast in Shroud of the Avatar Release 12
- The Innkeeper’s Descent into Madness
- Complete the Grand Tour Quest in Release 12 and receive the Pilgrim’s Hat
- The Sewers of Kingsport, the Ruins of Ravensmoor and the Moors of Southshire – Shroud of the Avatar Release 11