Since so many people had suggestions (read complaints) about the Overland Map, it’s now being overhauled to look more like it did in the demo videos we all saw when SotA was first presented. The original attempt to make it look like a cloth map was not well received. I don’t mind cloth map style, but I sort of don’t get the point since it doesn’t do anything. It’s kind of slow to navigate if that’s all it’s for. Well, it doesn’t really matter too much anymore since a completely new version is coming. Stephen made mention that as soon as his Pen of the Avatar was over he was going to get to work on the new map system. Perhaps we’ll see that in the R6 release scheduled to come out just before the end of the month. The way these guys write code I wouldn’t be surprised if they get it done by then. Hopefully it doesn’t send the game into a tailspin.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Dev Hangout at 4PM CST 5/16/2013
- Tools on Sale to help Journal your adventures in New Britannia and Shroud of the Avatar
- The map of the Hidden Vale vs. Novia
- Some parting shots for Release 6
- Pen of the Avatar – 6/4/2013
- Pen of the Avatar with Stephen Daniele
- A mere 48 hours left for the Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarter Project
- The new SotA store is in testing and should be available soon!
- Richard Garriott’s D&D #1 Contest!
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 4 – March 27-30