It may only be Thursday, but it’s still time to get ready for Release 6, which you can download and patch right now, but the gates won’t officially open until 10:30 Central Time. I missed out on the early access last night where they found quite a few issue that should be resolved before we log in today.
Anyway, this should be a good weekend of touring the towns and just to state it again, there are indeed quests, you just have to look for them. I keep forgetting this is old school Ultima style where you have to talk to everyone in the town to find out what’s going on and if they need something from you. From the notes I read on the Post R5, you especially need to ask people in the marketplace. Some of the their quests are righteous, such as attempting a rescue in the Clink, but some are devious such as saying you got food poisoning from a vendor in order to disrupt their business.
I spent most of my time crafting last time around and since that has been enhance a bit I might work with it some more. You never know how I’ll be dressed when the game comes back up. I might have to build a whole new suit of armor. But if I’m decked out, I’m going headlong into danger and making up for all the adventures I missed out on last time.
I didn’t get in on the housing action last time since all the lots where done by the time I showed up on the scene. I did see that the Town Crier will have information about lot availability this time around. Hopefully that means we don’t have to visit every single lot and touch the For Sale sign to see if it’s available.
Overall things sound like they’re going extremely well for this release so I’m anxious to jump in and have a look at all the new lighting, combat and adventures. Oh and let’s not forget to be on the lookout for the level that Chris Spears was working on the other day. I haven’t seen how to get in there yet, but I’ll be scouring the forum to find the portal to his lava wonderland.
But now the big question, what is my questing libation for the weekend?
Good luck and Happy Adventuring!
And by the way, don’t forget to hit up Avatars Radio while playing along. There should be plenty of good music and some fun guests over the weekend.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 4 – March 27-30
- It’s a Shroud of the Avatar Weekend – Release 10 is Coming
- Special Dev Hangout 7/8/2013 with Live Gameplay Demo – 6PM CST
- Tools on Sale to help Journal your adventures in New Britannia and Shroud of the Avatar
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 5 Coming Thursday April 24th
- Another look at Righ Inis in Shroud of the Avatar Release 13
- Cover My 6! I’m going in for SotA Release 5!
- A week with Shroud of the Avatar
- Shroud of the Avatar on Steam and new Solace Bridge Quest for Release 11
- There apparently were quests in Release 5, I just didn’t find them