I didn’t have much time to play last night, but I did manage to make it over to the player island off the coast of Kingsport. I believe it’s called Port Mifflin and it was pretty spectacular. It’s very tropical with lots of sandy coastline, palm trees, hills and cliffs, and plenty of lush looking shrubs and bushes. I liked it so much I found myself a lofty hilltop and placed my house. I walked along the beach and place the lighthouse, but as I kept exploring and climbing I found a clearing that looks out over the sea. That is where I wish to call home. If you get a chance, head down to Kingsport and jump into one of the boats labeled “ferry” and you’ll be whisked over there. I have some screenshots below of what it looks like.
I’ve been debating where to live when the game is finally live. Owl’s Head is out because everyone is going to scramble there. Kingsport is my next choice, but those lots go pretty quick as I have come to see. However, after seeing this new player island I’m pretty sure that’s where I want to go. Going to have to see if this will be in the final game and what size lots are offered. I’ve been debating buying a Village so I wonder if I could this place as my player town. That would be awesome and it would assure a spectacular view.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- More Towns, More Houses and Things are Rearranged in Shroud of the Avatar Release 14
- Special Dev Hangout 7/8/2013 with Live Gameplay Demo – 6PM CST
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 10 has finally leveled out
- It takes a Holdfast – Player Owned Towns in Shroud of the Avatar
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 6 Open for E3 – 6/9-6/13
- Into the fray with Release 29. It could have gone better
- Community Event – Dungeon Run – Braemar Cemetery – 7PM and 10PM CST
- Dev Hangout – Chris Spears, Richard Garriott – PvP and PvE
- More Quests and Epic Battles in Shroud of the Avatar Release 11
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 7 Weekend