Wow, updating to the latest release has turned out to be a nightmare. The download speed is terrible and after waiting and waiting and waiting, it finally updates, only to turn around and start the process over. What the hell is going on here? This is a terrible way to update the client.
Seems like the better way is just to push down one large updates that replaces EVERYTHING in one fell swoop. It needs to be done like a Service Pack. Let me just download the file on my own either from your website or put it on a torrent so we can all share the burden of downloading the update, just like they do with Linux distros. The current update method is horrible!
The game finally update after an hour of churning and now the game won’t load and play. It takes forever to start up, runs for about 5 minutes and then crashes. Bloody hell, what’s going on? I know the first day of a release is tough, but this is tragic! Come on guys, you have got to upgrade your servers! How in the hell do you expect to run the Release let alone the full game with this sort of crap going on?
After trying to play for nearly 2 hours and making ZERO progress I’ve given up. It’s just not worth the hassle and frustration. I got into the game, managed to talk to the Tour Guide in Braemar and the game has been constantly crashing ever since.
I know it’s pre-alpha, I know there are bumps in the road, but damn, this is a bit ridiculous. Trying to get your client updated to the latest bits on release day is turning out to be a royal pain in the ass!
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 4 – March 27-30
- Some interesting upcoming events for Shroud of the Avatar
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 5 Coming Thursday April 24th
- Updates – 4 BotA Chapters Left, Extended Monthly Payments
- Some final thoughts on Shroud of the Avatar Release 10
- Sigil of Magic, Collector’s Coin, Crafting Stations
- I’ve put in my pledge for Shroud of the Avatar
- Crafting will make it’s way into SotA
- More fun and excitement in Release 5
- New Updates – Combat Sigil, Story Sneak Peek and Housing