Well this is good news – the Portalarium team has decided to keep the servers up and running to see what kind of stress they can take as they get ready to become and Early Access game on Steam. They will be live on Nov 24th, just in time for Thanksgiving, and they need to stress the servers and see if they’re up to challenge of taking our constant abuse.
It doesn’t say how long the game will keep running, but it sounds like we will get several more days out of the deal. This is indeed good news. This will certainly allow the Early Access purchasers to get a feel for the game and allow Kickstarter Backers a deeper experience with the game. I’m looking forward to digging deeper into some of the quests I started and this might be a good time to stake out a claim, put up a house and even decorate it. I might even break down and try to learn the combat system. I had no problems from a few releases ago, but I’m not a big fan of the new method. That may just be inexperience talking so once I get the hang of it and slay a few things, I might feel differently.
So it’s time to gather up my quest notes and pick up where I left off. I still have more exploration of Ardoris as well as Braemar. This should also give ample time to check out these new scenes they just added. Since I wasn’t armed sufficiently, I didn’t real feel sticking around the Kobold War Camp was a good idea. Perhaps with sword in hand and helm on head I might feel a little differently.
But this is good news. Looks like we’re getting ready to have the ability to jump in and out of the game and explore at our leisure.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Release 6 will be available through Memorial Day
- My progress and some thoughts about Release 6
- Some interesting upcoming events for Shroud of the Avatar
- Starr Long releases Early Public Access Schedule: Release 7 and Q3 Update
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 10 has finally leveled out
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 8 – The PvP Edition
- Shroud of the Avatar gets the Green Light
- Looking for news of Shroud of the Avatar from E3?
- The Sewers of Kingsport, the Ruins of Ravensmoor and the Moors of Southshire – Shroud of the Avatar Release 11
- Dev Hangout Tomorrow 4/25/2013 at 11AM CST