With the game winding down before the next reset, I took a side trip over to the Battle of Solace Bridge. I normally stay away from the PvP areas, but I figured things were calm enough that I would be able to walk around without getting slaughtered. I was right, but oh my goodness, what a smoldering inferno this place turned out to be.
The ground still burned hot from the ravages of war and the destruction can be seen in all directions. Even the bridge is lined with the broken bodies, lives lost in battle. The fact it was void of life made it all the more eerie.
There’s been a lot of talk about this place and the damage done, but seeing it first hand is another matter entirely.
I ventured in further only to discover more devastation with houses fully engulfed in flame. It’s impossible to tell how many lives would have been lost here. But you can easily calculation the destruction. Total and complete.
What a terrible place. With nothing left to do or save, I quickly took my leave. I don’t know that I ever want to return. But battle still rages here and perhaps it always will.
The first images you see left behind from the Battle of Solace Bridge as you exit the portal
I fell into a burning ring of fire. I went down, down, down and the flames went higher.
Causalities strewn in every direction
Total destruction as a house is engulfed in flames
But how odd that something so peaceful and tranquil can exist right next to such carnage
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- You’ve been hurled through the Lunar Rift, now what?
- Completing the Grand Tour for Release 16 of Shroud of the Avatar
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 12 Grand Tour
- Thug Shanty Town
- Shroud of the Avatar on Steam and new Solace Bridge Quest for Release 11
- It ain’t a party without a pig
- The Legend of The Pickled Spinster Inn – Part I
- Completing the Grand Tour to get the Nomad Hat in Shroud of the Avatar Release 25
- Completing the Grand Tour and getting the Silver Carnival Jester Hat for Shroud of the Avatar Release 15
- Someone has poisoned the water cistern