Here is something amusing for those interesting in publishing books into the world of New Britannia. If you recall, a Printing Press was added at the Patron and above level. This allows you to publish a book a week for free. And if you noticed, there were a couple of different books for sale in Release 11.
The Caverns has taken advantage of this new feature and has put together the SotA Writing Round Table with the intent of gathering writers together to write, review and edit stories based on New Britannia. To that end the first set or stories have just come out and although short, they are quite good.
If you head over to the SotA Forums you’ll see the The Round Table Unreliable Travel Guide which reveals some lore about the different places and people in New Britannia. Some of it may be legend, some of it may be rumor, some of it may just be tall tales told around the campfire at night. But you never know. Every story starts with a kernel of truth…
If you’re interested in joining the group, or have a want to help edit other stories, head over to the Writer’s Round Table and introduce yourself. After checking out this latest offering, my curiosity is piqued. I’ve talked about writing stories for quite some time, but haven’t delved into it yet. The printing press will be part of my rewards so I really should come up with a good way of using it.
As you can see, you can write a nice little story, or perhaps just the intro of something much larger in a few short paragraphs. Definitely worth exploring this idea.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Community Spotlight ~ Write About Dragons
- Want to know what’s happening IN New Britannia? Check out the New Britannia Press
- Students of Ardoris Book Quest and Book Burning
- Dev Hangout 4/30 with Tracy Hickman and Richard Garriott. The world of New Britannia is revealed!
- Exciting new items to start the world afresh
- Line Dancing in the Burning Ring of Fire Elementals
- Shroud of the Avatar Merchandise and Updates
- The Tale of the Hood of Truth
- Blade of the Avatar to be expanded to a printed Trilogy
- Wondering about the SotA story? Progress has been made! Dev Hangout for 4/30 will feature Tracy Hickman and Richard Garriott talking about the story