Feeling rather empowered after getting suited up in my new armor, I decided to bite off more than I could chew and went down into the Ruins of Ravensmoor to do battle with the Lich. It doesn’t sound like a particularly smart plan I agree, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
So off I went to loot skeletons like it was going out of fashion. They didn’t stand a chance against me, but the real challenge was still to come.
I’m not sure if there really is a tactic for taking on a Lich, so I decided to go what I know best, brute force and stupidity. I lured a couple of the skeletons out into the hall, but then rushed in with sword blazing and bolted to the top of the stairs. I got the devil cornered and went at him with everything I had. It was shockingly close, but I was victorious! But there was no time to savor the moment as I was down to my last couple of health points and had to run out of the room and down the hall to recover.
Once I was back to full strength, I finished off the rest of the skeletons then rested my weary bones in the Throne of Bone!
So it is possible to defeat this particular Lich in a solo run, but it’s damn near suicide. The health potions are completely useless so that’s of no value and I don’t have any skills put into health magic. But I have to say, it was a pretty glorious victory! And a whopping 3000 XP.
Victory is mine!
That’s right Undead Lord, just sit in the corner and shut the hell up!
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Not a ghost of a chance against the Ghosts in Ravensmoor
- Chillblain’s Compendium of Pain and Suffering in Shroud of the Avatar Release 11
- A new quest from Bodan, my little piece of Braemar and there is Epic Loot in the Sewers
- A Lethal Wedgie in Chillblain’s Compendium of Pain and Suffering
- More Quests and Epic Battles in Shroud of the Avatar Release 11
- Ghosts in the Tower. Ghosts in the Ruins. Mutton in the Belly.
- On the healing path while I grow rich off the undead.
- Harvesting Resources and Mining Gems in Shroud of the Avatar Release 11
- Another look at Wynton’s Folly in Shroud of the Avatar Release 13
- Now is a good time to try archery and ranged attack