Amongst all the other information that came out in the “Streamathon” was the news that the Blade of the Avatar book is going to be expanded to be a complete trilogy. Tracy Hickman and Richard Garriott have an agent to get the book printed in physical form, but the publisher wanted additional content for the first book and then wanted to continue the story with two additional installments.
This means we will see an additional chapters written for the current Blade of the Avatar and then we will get a chance to dig deeper into the world of New Britannia. As you recall, the current Blade of the Avatar is told from a single point of view, that of the Obsidian Order guard Aren Bennis.
What will the new books contain? Of course that remains to be seen, but I’m sure we’ll get to hear more about The Fall and the Virtues. Pretty cool, no?
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- The Round Table Unreliable Travel Guide R12 Edition
- Dev Hangout 4/30 with Tracy Hickman and Richard Garriott. The world of New Britannia is revealed!
- Some parting shots for Release 6
- Shroud of the Avatar – Release 1
- Alley Oop shows perfection and mastery with Blades
- Some highlights from the Shroud of the Avatar "Streamathon"
- Helping out the Refugees in Soltown
- Invisible Swordplay, a Trip to Solonia, Up the Watchtower and the powers of Levitation
- Looking for Love in the City of the Dead
- Ardoris holds many secrets – SotA Release 10