So here we are, quite literally at the last day of the year. In mere hours we start over and start anew. It’s been quite a year hasn’t it? We’ve watched this game take shape and feature after feature show up and develop. We’ve gone from playing a couple of days per month to playing just about anytime we want to. New towns have popped up, new quests have been offered, new characters have slipped in, new monsters have snarled, new armor has been worn and all sorts of new players have shown up.
I’m keenly excited for 2015 and what it will bring. The game is coming along great! There are few rough bits here and there and some things may not make my hair stand on end with excitement, but I’m willing to look past the odd blemish or first iteration feature and focus on the dozens of things I do like. And one of the things I do like, is meeting other players and joining up with them to travel to destinations unknown. A friendly lot these New Britannians. A good sort of people.
With that in mind, it’s time to set the table, open the bottles, pass the salt and cut the cheese. The countdown has begun and I want to meet this New year head on, wrestle it to the ground and show it who’s boss. If that doesn’t work, I’ll go with the cheese.
I wish you All from ALL over the world, a Happy New Year!!
And a tip of the hat to the homeland of Aus, Adelaide to be precise, who’s already gotten the ball rolling!
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- It all started with Ultima III
- Last decade’s nerd is today’s mainstream gamer
- A Brave New World in Ultima IV
- Jumping Back to Ultima II – If only for a little while
- Sojourner Tales Telethon Countdown
- Happy Holidays!! Here’s to wishing you all the best for 2015!
- 1988, Ultima V sends me off to college
- A Question of Virtue
- Ember by N-Fusion Interactive – A game inspired by Ultima
- Tracy & Laura Hickman’s Sojourner Tales Board Game