One of my goals for this release was to try out some cooking. I have the station tucked away in my basement and figured I should give it a try. No man should be scared of his own kitchen!
The first order of business was to find some recipes. Easily done as Norman in Owl’s Head seems to have them all. Now that I have the recipes, where are the ingredients? Turns out shopping for ingredients is a time consuming task and can take you from one side of the realm to the other. Of course you won’t find any of these ingredients down in Braemar so it’s off to the big city of Owl’s Head.
There are several people you need to buy from and a couple of extra cooking items you need to have. First, you need to make sure you have the Mortar and Pestle. This is different from the Decorative Mortar and Pestle. Next, you need to purchase a good supply of Empty Flasks. You grind up ingredients like Salt in the Mortar and Pestle and your Cooking Oils go into the Flasks. You may also need some Wooden Plates or Wooden Bowls if you make Stews.
I asked Ophelia in Owl’s Head about some Bovine Meat and some Milk. I figured she would be in the know about such things, but she scorned me and I had to look elsewhere.
You will need to talk to at least 5 people to get your shopping done. Some of the vendors are in Peddler’s Row, while others are in the main market. And you’ll need to make a side trip to the tavern for some bottles of wine.
Randall the Butcher – Brown Cap Mushroom
Thomas Strongbeard – Bottle of Wine
Tanderly the Farmer – Carrot, Lemon, Lettuce, Pepper, Onion, Pecan Nuts, Pepper, Potato, Tomato, Turnip
James the Baker – Bottle of Milk, Butter, Egg, Flour, Garlic, Nut Butter, Sugar, Yeast
Morgaine the Butcher – Bovine Meat, Cheese, Duck Meat, Mutton, Sinew
Now make sure you buy enough ingredients to keep you going for awhile. Nothing worse than getting back home only to realize you need to trek all the way back out there to buy another lemon or get another carrot. At least now I have the ingredients, it was quite the adventure just finding them all. And mind you, this stuff can get expensive.
First thing I did was don my apron and chef’s hat, turned on Avatar’s Radio and made several bottles of beef and vegetable stock and I turned the wine I got from Thomas into Vinegar. I didn’t have a whole lot of time left, but I did make a couple loaves of bread and a couple stews. I have no idea what you do with this stuff, but they have been made. I suppose they can either be sold or they can be put in the Action Bar and used to increase your recovery ability like the Bowl of Mutton.
So, who wants Goulash?
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Congratulations to Dame Lori for finally getting her Anniversary Bottle!
- The Macallan 12 from the Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarter Project. A signed bottle to commemorate the fun!
- Things that go boom in the night down in Braemar. Explosive Potions do indeed explode.
- Yule Hat Obtained, Guild Created
- Sigil of Magic, Collector’s Coin, Crafting Stations
- Curse you Portalarium and all your extremely festive and decorative add-on store items!
- Setting up for our first vintage
- Bring forth the flaming sword of smiting and devastation!
- When a quiet lunch in the meadow turns into a fiery horror
- Royalsexy teaches me to levitate and then it’s off to the Bear Tavern Brawl in Ardoris