Plants in my pants. And who knows where I was storing the table.
I tell you what, this new encumbrance feature is a bit tricky for the would be decorator. Considering all the good swag is all the way up in Owl’s Head, you really have to plan and consider what you’re going to buy and how to get it home. It used to be that you could slink up to the big city, pick up a fountain, grab a hot tub, put some crafting stations in your satchel, stuff your pockets full of hedges, pilfer some mugs and candles from the local shoppe merchants and then head on home for a decorating good time.
Well none of that anymore! I’ve decided I need to sprits up the place so I visited with the Decoration Merchants and made some lovely purchases. I threw caution to the wind and bought decorations with reckless abandon. I gave no concern to cost. Or weight.
By the time I was done, I was several hundreds pounds over the encumbrance limit. So much so, that I was barely able to walk and when I did move, it looked like I had soiled my leggings and needed to be changed. Not to be graphic, but there may have been a trickle going down my leg causing me to walk that way.
So what in the name of Nestor the Necromancer do I do now? I can’t sell the crap back, I’d lose a fortune. I suppose I could call for help and have someone Zone on up to me and share my burden. But no, I made this mistake on my own, I was going to fix it.
I sluggishly zoned back to my house in Braemar and stumbled the couple feet onto my own property wherein I threw all my shit on the lawn. Every damn piece! To heck with you medieval HOA and you immersion loving mother @#$%ers! Just look away! I don’t want to hear one damn comment about my Oracle Head on the lawn!!
Out came the plants, and the tombstones, and the candles, and the chairs, and the tables, and the mugs, and the pitchers, and the cornucopia. And then I had to ask one pivotal question. If I have no satchel or bag or donkey or wagon or other beast of burden, and Reindeer was nowhere to be seen, just where exactly what I storing all this stuff? And those candles were lit!!!
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Putting the Bar in Braemar! My rooftop bar and my second story saloon
- A House in Braemar and Trying Out Decorations in Shroud of the Avatar Release 12
- Encumbrance – Too much junk in the trunk in Shroud of the Avatar Release 14
- Harvesting Resources and Earning a few Coins in Shroud of the Avatar Release 14
- Owl’s Head becomes a hobo village and the public vendor is forced to sell overpriced crap
- Students of Ardoris Book Quest and Book Burning
- We try out the rooftop bar and then engage in some battle chess
- Alley tans my hide for skill and profit
- Down into the Necropolis and Down to the Bottom of the Shaft for Shroud of the Avatar Release 16
- Voodoo Economics – This realm needs some gold
- Fire breathing dragonfly? (1)
- Alley: just stop eating so many bananas!
- Challenge Accepted (1)
- Alley: o.O
- Alley once caught a fish…. this…. big…. (1)
- Alley: He’s really sweet once you get to know him…
- The hills are alive with the sound… (2)
- PeteWi the Disoriented: Well, I admit, a jubilant twirl may not have been the best choice to celebrate the spectacular albeit somewhat precarious view. I did become a dash light headed and may have taken a misstep, which might have lead...
- Alley: The hills are alive with the sound of you ricocheting off every rock on your way down. Spinning, honestly?! What’s next, handstands?
- There’s Always Room at the Inn (2)
- Sharok Alurien: I absolutely love your writing style, and will be following your adventure with rabid interest, not that being rabid is a good thing!
- Alley: everyone now gets a newbie book called “places to live” that includes a link to the forum category. you should have a post there. www.shroudoftheavatar.com/plac estolive
- The Lost Key of Aerie leads to the Black Market Mushroom Farm of the Wetlands (2)
- Alley tans my hide for skill and profit (1)
- Yae: Years later, and the merchant cabal has still managed to keep the source of salt locked up! It’s a monopoly if I ever saw one.