- I met a strange lady. She made me nervous. She took me in and gave me breakfast
- Drowning the Ferryman may have been to my disadvantage
- Traveling the Path of Courage – until the sidewalk ended
- I’m not sure I understand Portalarium’s meaning of economy
- Fleecing the Obsidian Robe
- Best Mine Cart Ride Ever!
- Envenomate me once, shame on you
- Oba begins construction of an epic … something
- Thug Shanty Town
- Air Powered Propulsion System in Upper Fortus
Plants in my pants. And who knows where I was storing the table.
I tell you what, this new encumbrance feature is a bit tricky for the would be decorator. Considering all the good swag is all the way up in Owl’s Head, you really have to plan and consider what you’re going to buy and how to get it home. It used to be that you could slink up to the big city, pick up a fountain, grab a hot tub, put some crafting stations in your satchel, stuff your pockets full of hedges, pilfer some mugs and candles from the local shoppe merchants and then head on home for a decorating good time.
Well none of that anymore! I’ve decided I need to sprits up the place so I visited with the Decoration Merchants and made some lovely purchases. I threw caution to the wind and bought decorations with reckless abandon. I gave no concern to cost. Or weight.
By the time I was done, I was several hundreds pounds over the encumbrance limit. So much so, that I was barely able to walk and when I did move, it looked like I had soiled my leggings and needed to be changed. Not to be graphic, but there may have been a trickle going down my leg causing me to walk that way.
So what in the name of Nestor the Necromancer do I do now? I can’t sell the crap back, I’d lose a fortune. I suppose I could call for help and have someone Zone on up to me and share my burden. But no, I made this mistake on my own, I was going to fix it.
I sluggishly zoned back to my house in Braemar and stumbled the couple feet onto my own property wherein I threw all my shit on the lawn. Every damn piece! To heck with you medieval HOA and you immersion loving mother @#$%ers! Just look away! I don’t want to hear one damn comment about my Oracle Head on the lawn!!
Out came the plants, and the tombstones, and the candles, and the chairs, and the tables, and the mugs, and the pitchers, and the cornucopia. And then I had to ask one pivotal question. If I have no satchel or bag or donkey or wagon or other beast of burden, and Reindeer was nowhere to be seen, just where exactly what I storing all this stuff? And those candles were lit!!!
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Putting the Bar in Braemar! My rooftop bar and my second story saloon
- A House in Braemar and Trying Out Decorations in Shroud of the Avatar Release 12
- Encumbrance – Too much junk in the trunk in Shroud of the Avatar Release 14
- Harvesting Resources and Earning a few Coins in Shroud of the Avatar Release 14
- Owl’s Head becomes a hobo village and the public vendor is forced to sell overpriced crap
- Students of Ardoris Book Quest and Book Burning
- We try out the rooftop bar and then engage in some battle chess
- Alley tans my hide for skill and profit
- Down into the Necropolis and Down to the Bottom of the Shaft for Shroud of the Avatar Release 16
- Revenge is a dish best served flambeed with blazing hot columns of fire!
- A Happy Seasonal Yuletide Harvest to You All! (3)
- Setting up for our first vintage (2)
- PeteWi the Disoriented: Um, upon reflection, let me just state that I was never there and this hat has been sold to a lot of people. Further, during the time in question, I’m quite sure I was inebriated in a hot tub in a completely...
- Oba: I knew you were trying to trod the grapes before harvesting them! Youve gone and incriminated yourself with that picture! _Oba
- Alley Oop takes me on a guided tour of New Britannia – Hidden chests, Haunted Chapels and let’s not forget the helm (1)
- Jobe: Love it!
- Attacking the Wererabbit in the Temple of Radiance – Ember (2)
- Adventures in Galvanism (1)
- Alley: Wait, does that mean you’re no longer disoriented??
- The shame that has become the land rush (1)
- Alley: That particular case was not the guild you might guess, though I do believe they have plans to rent lots. …and that particular non-Prince tried this even before persistence, claiming the castle lot in Ardoris and trying to...