Wow, the excitement builds as we hit the last 48 hours of the Kickstarter campaign for Underworld Ascendant. Not only has the game been fully funded with room to spare, it’s pushed through a couple of the stretch goals. The Underswamp will be added and we have set into motion another Tracy Hickman novel. Not only that, we are within striking distance of the Lizardmen, a new race to be added to the game. And speaking of added to the game, several new digital items have been added such as Chattering Bart (and his counterpart Chattering Bertha in SotA), shields, faction banners and t-shirts. And there’s plenty of fun to be had at each pledge level with digital copies of the game, alpha access, design sessions, signed boxes, parchments, art and behind the scenes videos.
But the real fun is about to begin. The underworld has been raised and we will forge ahead with sculpting and creating a fantastic adventure game. Shroud of the Avatar is a great world with lots of adventure and interaction. Underworld should shape up to be a fantastic experience that is ever changing and dynamic. From the videos and descriptions, these guys want this world to be alive and vibrant, not just some game you farm over and over again. It seems like it will react and change. And just because something worked the first time doesn’t mean it will work the second time.
What lies beyond the Underworld? Who knows, but my pledge is locked in, the game has been funded, the ideas and art are flowing and the community has shown some great support. Over 12,000 people think this is going to be a great game.
In mere hours we will put this exciting phase behind us and get down to the real work. I can’t wait to see the first build!
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Let’s check in with Underworld Ascendant
- Two weeks left to help fund Underworld Ascendant
- Underworld Ascendant reaches it funding goal!!
- Underworld Ascendant – Fully Funded and now Includes Resonant Caves and Dynamic Music
- Help give Underworld Ascendant the Steam Greenlight!
- 24 Hours to go in Underworld Ascendant. Lizardmen raised, sights set on Companion Creatures Stretch Goal.
- Kickstarter for Underworld Ascendant is on Now!
- Underworld Dark Elven Kinsman Buckler