I was not on hand to bear witness to the event, thus is the nature of a solo mission, but for reasons unknown – perhaps he was filled with the courage that only Fireweed Ale can inspire, or perhaps he had been challenged to a dare he simply couldn’t retreat from, or perhaps in the bleak insanity of night, he had nothing better to do – Jobe felt the calling.
Regardless of the impetus, Jobe set out to the secrecy of the desert sand with designs of quelling the fury of the Fire Chicken, more commonly known as Riei Firefeather.
His combat method of choice was ranged attack and with a combination of Aimed Shot, Disabling Shot, Ice Arrow and others, he emerged victorious. His chestnuts were roasted slightly due to a few lucky shots, but victorious nonetheless.
A noble victory indeed, although I believe there are better, and safer ways to spend a restless night. But to each their own when it comes to forms of amusement.
Good show Jobe! Any chance you’ll split the drumstick with me? I’m sure I have a bucket of dipping sauce around here somewhere.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- Bows and Arrows in the streets of Braemar – Parting shots for Release 13
- Helpful pointers in the art and majesty of ranged combat
- Now is a good time to try archery and ranged attack
- A weeks worth of work in Shroud of the Avatar Release 14
- Revenge is a dish best served cold, unlike champagne, which should be served piping hot!
- The End is Nigh! Oba and Jobe show their PvP Battle Prowess
- My life and times as an archer
- Complete the Grand Tour Quest in Release 12 and receive the Pilgrim’s Hat
- Pen of the Avatar with Stephen Daniele – 7/30/2013 – Female Ranged Fighter
- A Lethal Wedgie in Chillblain’s Compendium of Pain and Suffering