While others were out scouring the world, elbowing each other for a chance to claim a town lot, we officially broke ground on Stinging Tree Hollow. And what an auspicious night is was, Friday the 13th. The cornerstone to the crafting pavilion was laid as our first structure came into existence. We can now get down to the serious business of crafting, of which Alley and Oba wasted no time. It seems Oba spent the off-season down in the mines and in short order had enough ore to craft a brand new suit of armor, helm and two handed sword for me. This very quickly replaced my starter gear and I wasted no time in testing it out. I’m happy to report that Oba did indeed take the extra care and time in making a solid and reinforced codpiece section for me. That’s thinking ahead!
From there, we hired some merchants and set them up in their own shop. In typical fashion, we found the Banker in the tavern, hiding in the corner.
We have also begun setting up our farming plot. A sturdy greenhouse is now in attendance and cotton plants and reagents shall soon fill the plant beds. I even took a moment to tether a balloon to the banks of our fine pond. Alley wasted no time in practicing her Safe Fall. While she had marvelous hang time on that first leap of faith, the sudden stop at the end was her nemesis and I stood in horror as she quietly came to rest amongst the reeds. Good thing no one was in town to see that slight miscalculation.
While we must wait for the land rush to officially conclude before we can expand our sphere of influence, we are off to a good start. We are already producing and salvaging goods at a breakneck pace. At this rate, I will be able to make something more grand than the Wooden Storage Chest in no time.
Huzzah!! The first of what will surely be many erections we shall have in our new town!
And the mighty wood surrounding it is magnificent!
Why do you snicker when I say that?
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- A desperate prison break in Desolis
- Best Throne Ever! Except for maybe that privy
- On the healing path while I grow rich off the undead.
- What the Duck?
- Mysterious Rug Cartel in Owl’s Head
- The good people of Jaanaford put Alley on trial for being a witch
- Beware the Reaper Madness
- Yuletide festivities can be had in Stinging Tree Hollow! For a price of course….
- Alley Oop takes me on a guided tour of New Britannia – Hidden chests, Haunted Chapels and let’s not forget the helm
- Paranormal Activity, the Eye of the Oracle, Piracy and Peeping – All Available in Shroud of the Avatar Release 16