Deadlines kept me out of Release 41, so I was anxious to get back into Release 42 and continue my routine of keeping the Thugs and Bandits in check, controlling the zombie infestation and letting the Elves know I have my eye on them.
But alas, the joyfullness was short lived. As I confronted the evildoers in Serpent Spine Foothills, I realized they attack with the same vim and vigor, and they’re just as astute at sneaking behind to stab me in the back, yet their weapon, if they’re even carrying one, has gone from the Halberd or Axe to the low ranked Spiked Club.
Fair enough, perhaps these are Thugs in Training, but the same was true of the other foes I faced. After knocking them head first into the dirt and withstanding their paralyzing attack, I used to take great relish in relieving them of their weapons, which I could then sell for ale money or perhaps salvage for my own metal working needs. That sadly is no longer the case.
It seems another avenue of earning potential has been pinched off. I’m beginning to wonder how an adventurer is supposed to make enough coin to afford rent, weapons, armor and furniture. Most people expect a little gold for the goods they sell. Some are willing to work for wishes and dreams, but not many.
Let us not forget that rent for a Village property is 1000 gold per day. As it stands, over 100 thugs will have to be crushed by the Sword of Smiting in order to get the paltry 10 gold they might be carrying. At the current respawn rate, that’s more than an hour of mindless grinding and waiting. For a game that wasn’t supposed to have a lot of grinding, I seem to be finding all of it.
I was under the impression there were adventures to be had and enemies to quell, which has traditionally resulted in gold and loot worthy of being of sold. I’m not entirely sure how the masses are supposed to afford goods and services when there is no coin for the effort.
So clearly I am misguided and seek enlightenment on how visiting the Oracle became the highest paying job in the realm.
More brilliant musings about my adventures in New Britannia
- The all new Sword of Smiting and it’s twin the Sword of Stabby Stabby
- To the Tomb of Ankhurt the Prestigious in South Midmaer Way
- Working with the Public Merchants
- I believe I have a mandrake problem
- Voodoo Economics – This realm needs some gold
- Get Ready for Shroud of the Avatar Release 15 – With a Huge Content Update!
- What’s Happening in the Shroud of Avatar Release 6 Weekend?
- Shining like a diamond in the sky. My stunning White Iron plate armor
- I’ve completely overlooked Crafting in Shroud of the Avatar
- Complete the Grand Tour Quest in Release 12 and receive the Pilgrim’s Hat